Yes you can, but you have to get exemption before you start building from the NHBRC (Minister of Housing). Among other things, you will have to agree that you:

  1. Understand the implications of the exemption and my/our home not being enrolled under the requirements of the Housing Consumer Protection Measures Act.
  2. Will occupy the property and not sell the house within 5 years.
  3. Are aware that you will have no warranty protection as laid down in the Housing Consumer Protection Measures Act (HCPM Act)
  4. Are aware that you may not be able to sell the home in future, as an enrolment certificate would normally be called for, upon resale?
  5. Are aware that the house I/we intend building must comply fully with the requirements of the National Building Regulations Act.
  6. Will be fully responsible for:
    - Administering the whole building project and purchasing of all building material.
    - Employing and monitoring artisans and labourers
    - Quality of materials and workmanship
  7. Will be receiving progress payments directly from the banking institution that is providing mortgage finance

ready to build?

We'd love to hear from you.
Langebaan Office
022 150 0015
St. Helena Bay Office
022 125 0512
More Contact Options

We build locally

St. Helena Bay
Langebaan Country Estate
Jacob's Bay
Jesmarann Construction (Pty) Ltd © 2021